yardımcı fiillerin geçmişi - past modals

yardımcı fiillerin geçmişi - past modals

can't have

certainty - kesinlik

I can't have lost my keys! (I'm sure I didn't) – Anahtalarımı kaybetmiş olamam!

You can’t have done such a stupid thing. – Bu kadar apalca bir şey yapmış olamazsın.

could have

possibility, but did not happen - olabilirdi ama olmadı

I could have passed my driving test if I'd really tried. – Eğer gerçekten uğraşsaydım sürücü sınavını geçebilirdim.

He could have been famous now but he didin’t want to. Şimdi ünlü olabilirdi ama istemedi.

uncertainty - belirsizlik

I guess it could have been Süreyya on the phone. – Bence telefondaki Süreyya olabilirdi.

I didn’t see exactly but it could have been an accident. – Tam göremedim ama bir kaza olmuş olabilir.

couldn't have

possibility/ability – olasılık/ yetenek

I couldn't possibly have passed my driving test, even if I'd tried harder. – Daha çok uğraşsam bile sürücü sınavını büyük ihtimalle geçemezdim.

He couldn’t have been at home last night, I saw him in a bar. – Dün gece evde olmaz, ben onu bir barda gördüm.

uncertainty - belirsizlik

It couldn't have been Süreyya on the phone, could it? – Telefondaki Süreyya olmazdı değil mi?

with comparative adjectives – karşılaştırmalı sıfatlarla

I couldn't have asked for better weather on my wedding day. – Düğün günümde daha güzel bir hava isteyemezdim.

She couldn’t have had a worse birthday party. – Daha kötü bir doğum günü geçiremezdi.

Unwillingness – isteksizlik

I couldn't have left the dog in the car for long (so I didn't). – Köpeğimi o kadar uzun zaman arabada bırakazdım (o yüzden bırakmadım).

I couldn’t have seen him after all that things. – O kadar şeyden sonra onu göremezdim.

may have

uncertainty - belirsizlik

I guess I may have been a bit hard on her when she came home an hour late. – Sanırım eve geç geldiğinde ona biraz fazla yüklenmiş olabilirim.

may not have

uncertainty

He may not have found out yet that he has passed the test. – Sınavı geçtiğini daha öğrenmemiştir.

Can I stay a little bit longer? My mum may not have come home and I don’t have the keys. – Biraz daha kalabilir miyim? Annem daha eve gelmemiş olabilir ve benim anahtarım yok.

might have

possibility (didn't happen) – olasılık (olmamış, olabilirdi)

You might have been killed! – Öldürülebilirdin!

We might have missed the train, why are you so late? – Treni kaçırabilirdik, neden geç kaldın?

uncertainty - belirsizlik

I guess I might have been a bit hard on her when she came home an hour late. - Sanırım eve geç geldiğinde ona biraz fazla yüklenmiş olabilirim.

annoyance at someone's failure to do something – birisinin saşarısızlığına kızgınlık

You might have told me that you had invited all your colleagues round for dinner! – Yemeğe bütün iş arkadaşlarını çağırdığını bana söyleyebilirdin!

might have known + would (idiom to ironically express that somebody's action was typical) (birisinin davranışın tipik olduğunu anlatan bir deyiş)

I might have known that he would finish with me as soon as he found out I wasn't wealthy! – Benim zengin olmadığımı öğrenince beni terkedeceğini bilebilirdim!

might not have

uncertainty - belirsizlik

He may not have found out yet that he has passed the test. – Daha sınavı geçtiğini bilmiyor olabilir.

must have

certainty - kesinlik

He must have known how much it was going to cost. (I'm sure he knew.) – Ne kadara mal olacağını biliyor olması gerekir. (eminim ki biliordu)

with surely in exclamations - “kesinlikle” ile ünlemlerde

Surely he must have known how much it was going to cost! – Kesinlikle ne kadara mal olacağını biliyor olmalı.

needn't have

unnecessary action that was actually done - zaten yapılmış ama yapılmasına gerek olmayan eylemler

Oh, you needn't have done the washing up! – Bulaşıkları yıkamana gerek yoktu!

should have

expectation - beklenti

Why is she late? She should have arrived by now! – Neden geç kaldı? Şimdiye kadar gelmiş olası gerekirdi!

should have + verbs of thinking

I should have thought you knew. – Bildiğini anlamalıydım.

criticism (you didn't do something, but it would have been the right thing to do) – eleştiri (Bir şey yapmadın ama eğer yapmış olsan doğru olurdu)

The party was such fun last night! You should have come! – Dünkü parti çok eğlenceliydi. Gelmeliydin!

You should have stayed at home today, you need to rest. – Bugün evde kalmalıydın, dinlenmen lazım.

shouldn't have

criticism - eleştiri

You shouldn't have been so frank with him. – Ona bu kadar açık olmamalıydın.

I shounln’t have watered the flower that much, they are witherred. – Çiçekleri o kadar çok sulamamalıydım, soldular.

polite expression of thanks on receiving a gift or favour – hediye ya da destek alırken kibarca teşeekkür etme

"Here's a bottle of wine for you" – İşte senin için bir şişe.

"Oh, you really shouldn't have!" – Almamalıydın!

would have

events in the past that did not happen – geçmişte olmamış olaylar

I would have gone out with him, but he didn't ask me. – Onunla çıkardım ama sormadı.

I know she would have done everything for me but I didn’t want her to be busy with my rubbish. – Benim için her şeyi yapardı biliyorum ama benim saçmalıklarımla meşgul olsun istemedim.

assumptions - tahminler

Oh, that would have been Süreyya on the phone just now. – Telefondaki Süreyya olabilirdi.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder